Take A Forest Bath
Forest bathing is just a new way to say “go take hike.” It is about taking a meditative nature walk where you focus on the great outdoors. Keeping your thoughts on the sights, sounds, and smells around you. Studies show this “new” trend can reduce stress levels.
You can sign up and pay for guided walks, but I am suggesting you just Do It Yourself. Here’s how:
- Find a forest. Or a city park, anywhere that you can become completely surrounded by the natural world.
- Turn off your phone. This activity is about getting in touch with the natural world. They will all be there when you get back. Don’t take pictures to share on Snapchat and Facebook. Just be here, now.
- Tune into the environment. Keep you eyes up and on nature. Listen to the birds and the breeze through the trees. Smell the leaves crushed beneath your feet. Take it all in.
- Stroll. This isn’t a walk for exercise. Walk slow, just stroll.
- Spend at least 20 minutes. Enjoy this little vacation.
Need a bath, but can’t get out. Rest your mind by looking out the window for 15 minutes. Burn some nature scented incense or candles. Play nature sounds. You can find some at meditationroom.org.
Give it a try. You will surely feel refreshed, less stressed, and peaceful.