5 Apps to Calm
I never thought I would use my smart phone for anything other than phoning and texting, but it wasn’t long before I was downloading all kinds of apps that do all kinds of things. Before I knew it I was meditating with my phone and taking it to bed with me at night. And talking to clients about helpful apps to try. Here are my top 5 that I suggest clients use:
- Calm My favorite feature on calm is the bedtime stories. I have yet to hear the end of one, I am asleep before that. There are lots of guided meditations to choose from. Music for sleep, relaxation, and focus. Also masterclasses, stretching routines, and a breathing circle. Warning it is very expensive.
- Pzizz I use this app to nap. I love the way it puts you to sleep and than gradually wakes you up at the time you chose. My favorite parts are free.
- Take A Break I enjoy these simple guided meditations during my work day when I get a chance to take a little break. There is a 7 minute work break and a 13 minute stress reliever, both with or without music.
- Stop, Breathe & Think I suggest this app to clients who need to check in with themselves during the day. The app teaches this by asking how you are feeling physically, mentally, & emotionally. The app then suggests guided and self-guided activities and meditations based on your answers.
- Headspace This app has hundreds of meditations to choose from. Audio experiences to help you sleep. There are courses to help you train your brain and let go of stress and anxiety. I personally don’t use Headspace because I couldn’t find a way to turn off the notifications. I don’t find being nagged all day to meditate very relaxing. That might be a great help to you if you are just starting out on a meditation journey. So you may wish to give it a try, it’s free.
So if you are stressed out, in need of calming down, or just can’t get to sleep I suggest you give these apps a download. Hope they bring you a little peace and sweet dreams.
#meditationapps #meditation #sleep #relaxation #anxiety #stress #insomnia
I use BeeZone & find it quite useful.Will try some of the above too.Thanks for sharing:)
Thanks for adding to the list.
LikeLiked by 1 person