Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, enjoy good experiences, deal with adversity, build strong relationships, and improve their health. Here are ways to feel and show your gratitude ………….
- Send someone a handwritten note or card. It is wonderful to get something in the real mail.
- Bake something for a friend or neighbor.
- Text or email a friend or family member. Send them a picture of something you know they will appreciate… a flower, your pet, or a sunset.
- Help someone with project they are needing to get done.
- Say thank you. Say thank you to your spouse or family member for the little things they do. Thank you for making dinner, thank you for cleaning up, thank you for bringing me a cup of coffee. Thanks for cleaning the house, thanks for buying groceries, thanks for doing the laundry. You’ll be surprised at the improvement in your relationships.
- Go around the dinner table and ask everyone what they are thankful for. Great idea for Thanksgiving or any Thursday night.
- Give hugs. Smile at people.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write down 3 things that happened today that made you feel thankful. Include 3 things that you appreciate about yourself today…..what you did, how you handled something, a talent of yours.
Make someone’s day, it will make you happier too.
By the way — Thank you for reading my blog!