I thought I would share this again after a night of tossing and turning….
Did you spend the whole night tossing, turning, and staring at the clock wishing you could sleep? Sorry to hear that! Insomnia is detrimental to your mental health. Here are some tips for getting a better nights sleep. Give them a try even if they seem too simple to be helpful.
- Go to bed at the same time each day. Try to stay close to this even on weekends. Your training your body to get sleepy at this time.
- Start dimming the lights a few hours before bed. Kicks your natural sleep chemicals into action.
- Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and at a comfortable temperature when sleeping.
- Set two bedtimes. “Bedtime one” is the time to turn off your phone, ipad, and computer at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Don’t use your bed for activities like paying bills, doing homework, talking on the phone, or watching TV.
- Establish a regular, relaxing…
View original post 307 more words