Light Your Fire
Fell off the track to your goals and the things that are important to you? Are you feeling bored and unmotivated? Joy has been sucked out of life? It happens. You just need to relight your fire again. Here are a few steps to take to rekindle your goals and get back to what is important.
- Review your goals. Have you changed? Is this still the right thing for you? Do you need to rework the goal because some of it no longer applies? Sometimes we hold on to goals even after we have realized it wasn’t for us. It is OK to change your mind. Stop wasting your time on this and move on to something that is your new passion. I give you permission. (if that helps)
- Have you been spending time with people who discourage you? Share your dreams only with those that support you.
- Maybe you just need to break your steps down into smaller bits. Even making a phone call or researching something on the net. Getting a few little things done will encourage you to keep going. You will feel like your back on the track.
- I hear you; there isn’t any time for working on this stuff. There is only time for work and sleep. Be honest with yourself. What habits have taken over your time? Video games? TV? Facebook & Instagram? Searching Pinterest? What is the old saying? There is always time for the things you put first. Clear your calendar of too much entertainment. These things bring us pleasure, but not joy.
- Set a get up and go date. How about next Monday? Tomorrow? Okay, April 16th?
Building the things in life you want takes time. It is a lot like building a fire and working to keep it lit. You must find wood. Cut, split, and stack it. You must collect kindling. You need to build the fire right so it will burn well. If you don’t the fire goes out and you will need to rebuild it. What happened to those matches? Here we go again. Once you have it burning well, you must keep stoking to keep it going. Sometimes you fall asleep and it goes out. That is Okay. Don’t beat yourself with a half burnt stick. You are capable of getting it a flame again.
Wow! that seems like a lot of work. Building the life you want and reaching your goals are worth it. I encourage you to light your fire once again. The work and the results might both bring you a warm glow of joy.