Trusting ourselves is vital to our happiness. Without self-trust you will end up being swayed by others to spend your life in ways incongruent to who we are, your goals and dreams sit aside for theirs. Without self-trust you will have difficulty being brave enough to follow your own path and purpose. Here are 6 tips for cultivating self-trust:
- Self-Care Basic self-care, like eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and exercising. This keeps your mood hormones in check. When hungry and tired you can’t always trust what you think and feel.
- Spend Time In Quiet Contemplation Make sure you spend 5 to 10 minutes every day in a quiet environment listening to your own thoughts. No phone, TV, or music. Just you and maybe a cup of tea.
- Move Your Body Your intuition comes from your nervous system. We need to be connected to our bodies to pick up on the sensations expressed by our body. Exercise also helps balance mood and keep the mind clear. It can also raise your self-confidence. Yoga, dance, or walking are all great places to start. Pay attention to your body as you move.
- Identify Core Beliefs Subconscious core beliefs are what is driving our choices. Bringing these beliefs into to the conscious mind helps us to make different choices in our lives. (more about this in the next blog post)
- Seek Counseling
- Spend time with Yourself aka ME Time.
Trusting myself is something that i do everyday. Trusting the desicions that i make everyday is very important.
LikeLiked by 1 person